At Citizen Women we believe that fashion should be honest, sustainable and inclusive.
Citizen Women clothes are designed with longevity in mind and a no waste philosophy. None of our remnant fabric goes into landfill. Any material that is left over from the cut process is made into facemasks, purses, bags and dog beds. Any products that have been used fully (after many years of wear) and reach their end-of-life can be returned to Citizen Women for either repurposing or composting.
At Citizen Women we are committed to working with suppliers who show ongoing progress towards improving their transparency around their supply chains and increasing their offering of environmentally and sustainable fabrics and trims.
We specialize in designing and making clothes from high-quality natural fabrics and work with the following fabrics
- Deadstock fabric in natural fibers sourced by our Tāmaki Makaurau based suppliers from international high-end fashion houses who have an oversupply of fabric.
- A small amount of spandex in the cotton/spandex and wool/spandex blends used in the Citizen Women leggings and the Main Pencil skirts.
- Viscose derived from wood cellulose and plant fibers and known for its lovely drape, being breathable and hypoallergenic is used to make some of our dresses.
- Printed cotton (OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified) from Liberty of London who is a member of the EU REACH and the BCI (Better Cotton Initiative) for shirts and tops.
- Certified EUROPEAN FLAX® Premium Linen fiber which is a traceable, natural and sustainable GMO-free linen is used to make our linen pants, dresses and jackets.
- Corozo Buttons made from the Tagua tree nut are OEKO-TEX Certified
On each garment page you will find information about the fabric composition and origin.
Proudly Made in Aotearoa New Zealand | © Citizen Women Ltd